Attorney-General announces criminal charges against fmer Buffer Stock CEO, wife

The Attorney-General, Dr. Dominic Ayine, has announced that criminal charges will be filed this Friday against the former Chief Executive Officer of the National Food and Buffer Stock Company (NAFCO), Hanan Abdul-Wahab, and his wife, Faiza Seidu Wuni.
The two are accused of operating an elaborate corruption network that siphoned tens of millions of Ghana cedis meant for the government’s food supply and school feeding programmes.
Addressing a press briefing in Accra on Wednesday, October 22, 2025, Dr. Ayine said the couple, together with some officials of Buffer Stock, “masterminded a grand theft of public funds” between 2017 and 2024. Investigations by the Economic and Organised Crime Office (EOCO) revealed that more than GH¢78 million was transferred from Buffer Stock accounts into private companies secretly owned by the couple and their associates.
“These funds were disguised as payments to food suppliers under the School Feeding Programme, but the majority were fraudulent transactions,” Dr. Ayine stated. “While suppliers went unpaid and children missed their meals, these officials were looting public funds in broad daylight.”
The Attorney-General disclosed that seven companies, including Alqarni Enterprise, Aludiba Enterprise, Energy Partners Limited, Fa-Hausa Ventures, Fa-Hausa Company Limited, Aludiba Foundation, and Sawtina Enterprise, were used as vehicles to receive and launder stolen money.
Bank records showed that the suspects re-routed nearly 98% of the funds into their own accounts and used the proceeds to purchase multiple luxury properties and assets in Accra and Tamale.
Dr. Ayine said investigations confirmed the acquisition of a $1.6 million mansion at Airport Hills, a $600,000 residence at Cantonments, a 17-bedroom hotel in Tamale, and several plots of land and other houses purchased through these illegal funds. He added that EOCO had also frozen a GH¢10 million fixed deposit, vehicles, and more than 60 luxury handbags belonging to the suspects.
“We have completed our investigations, and on Friday, October 24, 2025, we will file charges including stealing, conspiracy, causing financial loss to the state, and money laundering,” Dr. Ayine confirmed.
He assured Ghanaians that all assets linked to the illicit transactions had been frozen and would be confiscated through legal processes once convictions were secured.
The Attorney-General emphasised that this case forms part of his broader “Rumble in the Jungle” anti-corruption operation, which targets entrenched criminal enterprises within state institutions.
Discover more from Today Ghana
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.


GAF denies probe into former CDS Oppong-Peprah
Gov’t to integrate Saglemi into major industrial-residential corridor – Mahama
GH¢500m allocated for district housing rollout, Mahama says
Dr. Julius Debrah urges Ghanaians to make sanitation a daily responsibility
Supreme Court dismisses Oppong Nkrumah’s bid to halt vacation court sittings
Supreme Court to decide the fate of criminal trials during legal vacation today
NPP gives national election aspirants more time to file nomination forms
Oppong Nkrumah hints at review of Supreme Court ruling on legal vacation cases
Partey officially joins Al-Shabab on free transfer