Ayine drops charges against third accused in Adu-Boahene trial

Attorney General Dr. Dominic Ayine has withdrawn all charges against Mildred Donkor, the third accused person in the ongoing criminal trial of former Director-General of the National Signals Bureau (NSB), Kwabena Adu-Boahene.
The decision follows an agreement reached with Ms. Donkor to serve as a witness for the prosecution in the high-profile case.
In a notice filed at the High Court in Accra on October 15, 2025, the Deputy Attorney General, Dr. Justice Srem-Sai, confirmed that Ms. Donkor had been discharged under Section 59 of the Criminal and Other Offences (Procedure) Act, 1960 (Act 30) — which empowers the state to free an accused person who agrees to assist the prosecution.
The move formally withdraws her from all charges connected to the case, leaving Mr. Adu-Boahene (1st accused), Angela Adjei Boateng (2nd accused), and Advantage Solutions Limited (4th accused) to stand trial.
In her witness statement, Ms. Donkor outlined her relationship with the two main accused persons, saying she first met them through the Cedar Mountain Assemblies of God Church in East Legon.
She explained that she was listed as a director of Advantage Solutions Limited at Mr. Adu-Boahene’s request solely to meet company registration requirements, adding that she had no role in making strategic or financial decisions.
“I took no major decisions – whether financial, operational, or strategic – on my own. I followed the instructions of A1 and A2,” she stated.
Ms. Donkor further disclosed that she withdrew and delivered significant cash amounts — ranging from GH¢2,000 to GH¢1 million — from the accounts of Advantage Solutions Limited and BNC Communications Bureau Limited using pre-signed cheques provided by the two accused.
The cash, she said, was routinely delivered to Mr. Adu-Boahene, Madam Adjei Boateng, or Madam Margaret Aba Donkor, identified as Mr. Adu-Boahene’s mother.
She also cited a major transaction on April 29, 2020, involving the transfer of GH¢2.5 million from BNC Communications Bureau Limited to I-ZAR Limited, owned by Rashida Saani, under Mr. Adu-Boahene’s instructions.
Ms. Donkor emphasized that she was never a formal employee of Advantage Solutions Limited, had no written contract, and acted solely on the directions of the two principal accused.
Discover more from Today Ghana
Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.


Police arrest suspect over GH¢430,000 robbery at Buipe cattle market
US imposes new sanctions on Cuban officials and firms
GAF denies probe into former CDS Oppong-Peprah
Gov’t to integrate Saglemi into major industrial-residential corridor – Mahama
GH¢500m allocated for district housing rollout, Mahama says
Dr. Julius Debrah urges Ghanaians to make sanitation a daily responsibility
NPP gives national election aspirants more time to file nomination forms
Oppong Nkrumah hints at review of Supreme Court ruling on legal vacation cases